Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mattie is a BIG 1ST GRADER!!!

Mattie began first grade on Friday, August 13, 2010!  (Friday the 13th - ha ha)  I can NOT believe I have a first grader!  She acts more grown up each day and absolutely LOVES her teacher!!!  That is the best feeling as a parent to send your child off to school and know they are as happy as can be and loved by their teacher!  I just can't believe how fast time really does go by!  Everyone older than me has always said, "Where does the time go?,"  and this is sooooo true in my life now!!  I see it daily for each child!  
Mattie grinned from ear to ear that first morning and never acted clingy to me.  She seemed so much more confident and secure this year!  Yayy!  That afternoon she came into my room saying, "This was the best day and it's even better than Kindergarten and pre-school Mom!"  That was the best feeling!  
Mattie you are such a smart little girl and I am so proud of you!!  You are going to be an achiever of great things some day and we are so blessed to have you as a leader for your brother and sisters!!!  
This is a pic of us on "Meet your teacher" day!  Didn't get any pics at the school that day:(
Mattie is ready to go home for the day and rest!  

I loved her shirt from a store on etsy!  The fifth pic up from the bottom is her at the end of the day and look at that big smile!  The bracelet pic was a treat she got out of the treat box that day!  I also love the pic of Mattie and Mrs. Hussion!  I am such a proud Mama!!! 
I have to also include a pic of Mattie on the first day of Kindergarten:  
So hard to believe how fast they grow in 1 year!! :(

1 comment:

  1. Adorable shirt on a beautiful child!!! Great photos.. and I swear you look the same as you did in highschool!!

    ReplyDelete