Wednesday, April 18, 2012

CalifornIA - San Diego

I have only been to California 2x, but both times I have stepped off the plane LOVING it!  I love the weather, the scenery, the fun, etc...  This trip was to San Diego (the last one being LA) and it was great!  Matthew had business and I got to play!  I'm so glad he likes to take me along! ha  We visited some neat places in our spare time and got to enjoy each others company without the kiddos.  (pretty rare opportunity for us)  I love going out to eat without distractions and having adult conversations.  
We spent one day taking the trolly bus to many different spots in SD.  This was very helpful in getting to see such a big city and it was a perfect sunny day to be out and about!  You just hop off when you want and there will be another bus coming every 15 minutes or so.  We visited Coronado Island (which I LOVED), Little Italy, Old Town SD, and saw PETCO park, Balboa park, and the Gas lamp district.  We went another day to the famous San Diego Zoo.  I felt bad to no have the kids with us on that trip!  Mattie would have been in heaven with all the animals!  She told me to bring back lots of pics from the zoo as her souvenir.  Such a sweet girl!  We stayed at the Marriott Marquis on the bay.  It was beautiful with all the boats in the marina and restaurants and shopping right at us!  
Pic on plane: Love the snow on the mountains

Here are some pics of the view from my room: (with the Coronado Bay bridge in background)
Sunset...
Now pics of us on our day out:
First up - Coronado Island
View as you start the Coronado Bay bridge
The Coronado Beaches
The Hotel del Coronado...LOVE, LOVE this place!  Absolutely beautiful Hotel with SOOO much detail!!  I dream of staying here someday or at least having a spa treatment!
Massive, Unique Tree
Beautiful interior...
First tree to be lighted at Christmas...perfect for Matthew to get to see! :) 

Here we are in Old Town San Diego
A glimpse of our big trip to the San Diego Zoo!
 Great memories made from this trip!  Hope to get to go back soon! 






1 comment:

  1. i have never been but i definitely want to go after seeing these beautiful pics. so nice that you guys were able to get away! (even if work was involved)

    ReplyDelete