My how time flies! My little Layla Belle was 5 years old on December 13th, 2010! She was born after I worked all day and thought I was just tired and had to go to my pedicure appt. Not long after I arrived at the spa, I realized I was not just tired, but in labor with contractions 4 to 5 min. apart. I asked the girl to please rush through the pedi and called Matthew and my Mom to meet me at the house so we could then rush to Marietta. (an hour and a half drive) Can you say CRAZY!!! I arrived at my house around 5:15 and headed out and little Layla was born at 7:39 pm. Notice how I put pm in bold! We arrived at the hospital about 6:45 and not long after she was born! Later that night there was an ice storm! It was beautiful just like her!! She weighed 6lb. 60z., the smallest of all my children, but my how bubbly she was and still is!! She now weighs 50 lbs!
This is little Layla at our annual Sunday lunch with all the family! I love her smile and SWEET, SWEET personality! She has the best heart and love for others and I pray to be more like her! A Mother can brag can't she! ha
I LOVED her cake!! Her Nana (my Mother-in-law) is a retired home-ec teacher and can do anything!!! She makes the BEST cakes and Layla wanted her cake to be from her this year! So sweet! We did the Rapunzel theme this year and this cake was perfect and delicious!!!
On Layla's actual birthday, it snowed! We had a snow day and was out of school so we had a great play day at home! How special is that to get snow on your birthday!
Here are some pics from that day:
Layla and her Mimi! (my Mom)
Now for the big party! We party for several days with each child's birthday! More fun! We have to have the actual day party, family party, and the kids party.
Layla picked to have our very first spend the night party this year with several other girls! It was SO fun! A little chaotic being in a new home, but Layla had a blast and that's all that matters! I picked the girls up from their CEC school at 12 and then went on to pick up Mattie since the big sis couldn't be left out and we went home and played for a little bit. Then we went to the movies to see Rapunzel. It was GREAT! The girls loved it!! Then, we came home, ate pizza and cake, and played some more! So much fun with the girlies! Here are the pics!
Layla's friend Georgia!
Miss Zoe!
The gang going into the movie! Mattie, Georgia, Layla, Zoe, and Aubrie!
Happy Birthday my beautiful Layla Belle!!! We love you and are sooooo proud of you!!! You love gymnastics, soccer, swimming and can't wait to play t-ball! You love to sing and dance around the house! We love your free spirit and love for God and others! You are so polite and kind and smart! You are our more quiet girl, yet independent and sporty girl! You are usually doing your own fun thing! My prayer for you is that you will love God with all your heart and soul all the days of your life and know that only HE can bring you true happiness!!!! Love you more, Mommy
Here is Layla at 4 yrs. old:
No comments:
Post a Comment