Friday, June 18, 2010

First Official Family Camping Trip

We finally went on our first family camping trip Memorial Day weekend.  We had a blast!!  We went with Mike and Kristal and their whole clan.  We camped at Papa's creek. (that's what the kids call it)  It is close to home so it's good in case we need extra clothes, more food, etc.  The kids played in the creek, rode 4-wheelers, and other ride-ons.  It was a wonderful, relaxing time!  Kristal's family has had several campers and have gone on many trips, and I would usually go visit with the kids, but Matthew couldn't or wouldn't go with me.  I wasn't sure we would ever get to go on a family camping trip so I was very excited about going!  We stayed in my father-in-law's camper, which is an older hunting camper.  It just needed a little tlc and it was as good as new.  However, I wish I would have recorded Mattie the first time she saw it.  I pulled in beside our camper, which was parked across from Kristal's.  She said, "Where's our camper?"  Me - "This one is ours." - in a very excited voice.  Her - "No it's not!"  It was soooo funny!  I put some smelly good things in it and Matthew spent a lot of the first day cleaning on it and it was perfect!  Anyway, we had a wonderful time and made a lot of memories!  We do plan to go back very soon and are even considering buying our own camper if it is a great deal!  I'm just glad to know that we might be a camping family afterall!  
 The boys had been fishing!
 Love this sisterly love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment